How to read querystring

Apr 14, 2009 at 1:47 PM
Hi,
I working on a photo gallery. First I create the gallery then in another screen with  id I upload pictures.
but I can not read the id of the gallery which is in the QueryString

someone knows how to do it?
thanks

May 21, 2009 at 1:02 PM

use the javascript writing functionality to add the querystring to a global variable for use inside the I frame

http://en.fileuploadajax.subgurim.net/ejemplos/customJavascript2.aspx

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I am having the same problem, i.e., if my web page uses this file uploader control, and if the web page attempts to read the query string variable, it throws an exception saying that the requested variable is null. 

I've read the article which bodar77 pointed to, but it seems to be talking about how to javascript-write the file info into the web page after it is uploaded.

Can you give more details?

Inspired by the article, I guess I can write the query string into a hidden div, but I still don't understand how that can prevent the page from throwing the same exception, because everytime the file upload control (the iframe, I guess) posts back, the line where I read the query string will be executed and hence exception will be thrown.

Anyone has a working solution to this problem?  At this point of time, I am working around this problem by saving the query string variables and their values into SQL Server database per current session and then retrieve them when needed. But I'd like to avoid this.

Any hint is highly appreciated.